“Hi there! My name is Kylie Morgan. I am an experienced web developer with experience in many different areas of the development process, from design to deployment. I am primarily a front end web developer, creating user interfaces and beautiful websites. I find it enjoyable to take an idea for web software and make it a reality. Whether it’s integrating APIs, building web sites or coding new functionality from scratch, I have had experience with it all.”
What is a Front End Web Developer?
A front end web developer is the developer that programs all of the visual elements on a web page. A front end web developer is responsible for organizing and displaying information via requests to the server in the format that the designer provides. This includes all implementing all design elements such as animations, user interaction functionality, and more.
What skills are required from most Front End Web Developers?
What additional skills are useful in Front End Web Development?
- Good understanding of User Experience and standards of User Interaction Design
- Some understanding of server-side programming languages (such as ColdFusion, PHP, Java, Ruby, etc.)
- Good knowledge of cross-browser testing and implementation
- Some knowledge of databases and structures (MySQL, Microsoft SQL, PostgreSQL, PL/SQL, etc.)
- Good organizational skills.